Calendars are an essential tool for managing our time and keeping track of important events. If you're using Outlook for work and Gmail for personal use, it can be a hassle to switch between the two to access your calendars. The good news is that you can easily transfer your calendar events from Outlook to Gmail or vice versa. In this article, we'll discuss three different methods to export your Outlook calendar to Gmail and view your Google Calendar in Outlook.
How to Export Outlook Calendar to Gmail
Method 1: Import calendar into Google Calendar
- Log in to your Google Calendar account .
- Click on the Settings wheel icon at the top of the page, then click "Settings."
- On the left side of the screen, select "Import & export."
- Click "Select file from your computer" and pick the file you created when you exported your calendar from Outlook.
- Click "Open" to import the file to your Google Calendar.
Method 2: Use G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the Google Admin console and select "Apps & G Suite."
- Make sure Calendar, Directory, Drive and Docs, and Gmail have a Service Status of ON for everyone.
- In "Apps & G Suite > Settings for Gmail > Advanced settings," make sure "Enable G Suite Sync for Microsoft Outlook" is selected .
- On the Google Admin Security page, make sure "Enable API access" is selected.
How to View Google Calendar in Outlook
- In Outlook, select "File > Account Settings > Account Settings."
- On the "Internet Calendars" tab, click "New."
- Paste the address you copied in step 3 by pressing Ctrl+V, then click "Add" .
- In the "Folder Name" box, type the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook, and then click "OK."
Can I import a Gmail calendar to Outlook?
- Yes, you can.
- In Google Calendar, go to "Settings > Calendar Settings > Calendars."
- Click the calendar you want to export and select "Calendar settings."
- Under "Private Address," click "ICAL" and copy the URL.
- In Outlook, follow the same steps as method 3 above and paste the URL instead of the Outlook calendar URL.
Will my calendar events be synced automatically?
- Yes, if you set up the calendar synchronization using G Suite Sync or the Internet Calendar method, your events will be synced automatically.
Can I import multiple calendars from Outlook to Google Calendar?
- Yes, you can.
- Export each calendar separately from Outlook and import them to Google Calendar one by one.
Transferring your calendar events from Outlook to Gmail or vice versa is a straightforward process. You can use the methods described above to export your Outlook calendar to Google Calendar or view your Google Calendar in Outlook.